New to REST
This checklist will help you get your account into order so you can maximise your super benefits and keep you informed on how your super is performing
Your Tax File Number (TFN)
If you have not provided your TFN, your super benefits will be taxed at higher rates and you may miss out on other benefits.
Without your TFN:
- your before-tax contributions (ie. employer and salary sacrifice contributions) will be taxed at 46.5%, instead of 15%
- we cannot accept any after-tax contributions (ie. voluntary or spouse contributions) made by you or on your behalf
- we cannot receive the government co-contribution even if you are eligible.
How to provide your TFN
Combine your super accounts
If you have had more than one job, you are likely to have more than one super account. Chances are you are also paying more fees, which over time can add up to thousands of dollars.
By transferring your super funds into REST, you will have more money to invest, save on fees, less paperwork and can better monitor the performance of your superannuation. You can also check if you have any lost super using the ATO’s SuperSeeker tool.
How to transfer your super to REST
Register for online access
With our secure online portal MemberAccess, you can manage and keep up-to-date with your super when it suits you.
Through MemberAccess you can:
- check your account balance
- register to receive e-statements
- view and update your personal details
- review and update your investment strategy
- subscribe to regular investment updates
- view and update your insurance cover and more.
How to register for online access
You will need your member number to register online for a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Once you have your PIN, go to MemberAccess and enter your member number and PIN to access your account.
Consider making an investment choice
Choosing the right investment strategy for your super can make a significant difference to your retirement income.
However it’s important to choose an investment option that will help you reach your financial goals. Learn more about your investment options
Consider increasing your insurance cover
You can increase your level of Basic Cover by one or two basic units without providing any health evidence.
Simply apply online via MemberAccess to increase your cover. Limits and conditions do apply and you must increase your Basic Cover within 120 days of your account being created.
Page last updated on: 05 Jun 2012